LITTLE RED – 1967 SHELBY GT500 EXP PROTOTYPE
(Information known as of August 17, 2018)
Rarity & Significance as a Shelby American GT:
- The only GT500 coupe (hardtop) built by Shelby American
- All other coupes were specifically ordered with small blocks for SCCA racing
- The only GT coupe ordered with and factory-equipped with dual-quad carburetors
- The second GT500 to be serialized and completed; the first was a fastback (0100) and third was the convertible (0139)
- One of two known 1967 GT cars to be outfitted with a black Connolly leather interior; the other car is the GT500 convertible (0139)
- On July 31, 1967, Shelby American valued the coupe at $3,318.84
- Regularly driven by Fred Goodell, Chief Engineer of Shelby American
Rarity & Significance as a Ford Mustang:
- The only multi-carbureted Mustang coupe ever built
- The only 1967 Mustang coupe factory-equipped with a 428ci engine
- The only 428-equipped coupe to be built at Ford’s San Jose assembly plant
- The first Mustang coupe to receive a 428ci engine
- The third 428-equipped Mustang (all body styles) to be serialized by Ford
- The second Mustang (all body styles) completed with a 428ci engine
BE PART OF HISTORY!
If you or someone you know has information that could help piece together the entire story of Little Red, we would love for you to be part of our first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing project.
To submit photos or information, click HERE.